11 October 2012

Feature + Follow Friday (10/12/12)

Hey y'all!  Amelia and Gianne here for Feature and Follow Friday!  

Q: What book do you think would make a great Halloween movie? Please explain in graphic detail of goriness…




 GIANNE SAYS:

 For me, instantly the first book that comes to mind would probably Gretchen McNeil's books (Ten, Possess) or Malinda Lo's Adaptation (which is really weird and ominous-like and just WHOAzers!) :D How about you? ^^

AMELIA SAYS:

Firstly, I am such a scaredy cat. I don't do suspense, or gore, or horror. I don't do things that go bump in the night, that have previously been dead, or walk around decapitated. So my list of Halloween stories, let alone books that could be turned into movies, is highly limited. The first thing that pops to mind is The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. Not so much for the gore or horror, but because it's just so creepy. It was practically hair-raising. (Though I do admit that I read this two years ago so I may, or may not, be a little bit less of a scaredy cat now, but that point is entirely debatable.)

10 lovelies:

Gianne said...

Hello, stopping by the FF and became a new follower on all of the links. Here's mine
PageGirlsPageofBookReviews
Thanks

Gianne said...

I've heard of Adaptation and I think it would make a great movie.... Although I wouldn't watch it lol I'm too afraid of birds from the old Alfred Hitchcock movie lol


Great picks!
Old Follower
Here's My FF

Anonymous said...

New follower. I love Possess's cover. It definitely has those spooky vibes.

Gianne said...

I hadn't heard of either of them but they both sound pretty good! ^.^ New follower (Frodosco - GFC). If you would like to check out my FF you can do so here. :)

Gianne said...

new follower through GFC as lucyatmax/no pic. I too am a scaredy cat and not ashamed to admit it, so I have no answer whatsoever. I can be found /followed at bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com
Happy Friday!
Beth

Gianne said...

I read The Replacement too, and while I didn't love it, I agree the creepiness factor would make it a good (better) Halloween movie.

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com

Gianne said...

The Replacement was awesome! :D


New Follower.
Click HERE for my FF.
Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

Gianne said...

I haven't read Ten yet, but I'm so excited to try it out! I didn't like The replacement as a book, but I think it could work as a movie! Still love the cover :)



My
FF@thedailyprophecy

Gianne said...

My sister has go The Replacement sitting in her bookshelf and it's so tempting to read it already! She would get pissed, though, if I ruined the book cause she's so picky of her conditions. XD


Amelia, I don't do horror stuff either so yay! I'm not alone! Only one was one of the goose bump books and then I haven't dared touch a freaky looking book.

Gianne said...

Those two have very eye-catching covers ;)


New follower
Cindy
http://bookaholicfaggots.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I love your comments, guys. I truly appreciate them. :3 ♥

If you guys are using Blogger to comment here, DON'T. I use Disqus commenting, so the comment will NOT show up if you use Blogger to comment.