14 November 2011

Challenges and Trailers for 2012 ♥

As the title insinuates, I shall be participating in a couple of challenges for 2012. :)

Beautiful button, right? Plus, it fits with the theme of my blog! :)

CHALLENGE OBJECTIVE:

  • To read & review a minimum of twelve young adult or middle grade debut novels between the dates of January 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013.*
*The 2013 extension is so that December Debuts can be read and count toward the challenge.

RULES & GUIDELINES:
  • You must have a Blog to post your reviews or be a member of Goodreads. 
  • Your blog must be written in English.
  • Deadline to join is May 31, 2012.
BOOK GUIDELINES:
  • Must be a young adult or middle grade title.
  • Must be the author’s YA or MG debut, released in 2012.
  • If an author has a previous novel published for adults or children, they can still qualify for the challenge.
  • If an author has a previous YA or MG title, they do not qualify for the challenge.
You can sign up here! I've yet to decide my list of books, but I'll add a page to my navigation bar about my challenges and such soon.




Challenge Guidelines:

  1. This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
  2. Anyone can join, you don't need to be a blogger. If you don't have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
  3. Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
  4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
  5. When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
  6. You can move up levels, but no moving down.
  7. Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.

Levels:

  1. Floppy disk - 5 ebooks
  2. CD - 10 ebooks
  3. DVD - 25 ebooks
  4. Memory stick - 50 ebooks
  5. Hard drive - 75 ebooks
  6. Server - 100 ebooks
  7. Human brain - 150 ebooks
Well, I've got to put my Kindle to use more often and what better way is there than this lovely bit of a challenge? :) I plan to aim for 25 books (DVD), but perhaps if I happen to have more time for reading next year, I'll move up. You can sign up here!

Now, on to the second part of this post: TRAILERS!

You've heard about it, you've probably already watched this, but holy CRAPPERS, there is an official trailer for The Hunger Games. That's right, The Hunger Games trailer. Enough of my babbling, go ahead and watch it again (and freak out if you must)~







Epic, right? If only March was a little sooner. ;_;


Now the second trailer... I'm super excited for this book to come out in January 2012! I recently got an ARC (and it's sitting in my TBR pile as of right now) and as soon as I finish Touch of Frost series and Nevemore, I'll start on it. :)

May I present to you... Everneath by Brodi Ashton.


I just love it ♥ Add this book to your to-read list on Goodreads... NAO.

Are you participating in any challenges this year? How about them trailers, eh? -winks-







6 lovelies:

Cindy said...

I loved the HG trailer ♥ good luck with the reading challenges! I am also starting to sign up to a few :)

Anonymous said...

Holy bleep bleep! That Everneath trailer just made my day (and of course HG!) I'll be signing up for the debut author's challenge too of course. Thanks for sharing!

p.s. cuuuuute blog ♥
♥ Trish
Just a YA Girl

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gianna! I just love your blog background and header. Quite stunning!

Good luck on your challenges!

New follower~

Stephanie ~Misfit Salon~

tthepageturner said...

Cannot wait to get my hands on Everneath! The trailer is awesome!

PS. Love your layout. =)

Mimi Valentine said...

OMG GEE! I can't even tell you how excited I am for THG movie to come out! It's pure awesome epicness, and I can't wait to see it on the big screen! :)

And that Everneath trailer? WOWIE ZOWIE!

Thanks so much for sharing, Gianna! ♥

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

I love your comments, guys. I truly appreciate them. :3 ♥

If you guys are using Blogger to comment here, DON'T. I use Disqus commenting, so the comment will NOT show up if you use Blogger to comment.