26 January 2012

Hello again.

Hello, my dear readers, if any of you still remember me. I've been gone for almost two months...YIKES. At first, I was thinking about discontinuing my blogging adventures. I was in a horrible, horrible reading/blogging slump and I did not read anything over the course of time I've been gone.


What changed my mind? (and yeah...I ended up changing my blog name if you didn't notice.)


I happened to go to the library where I had to go pick up a reading book for school. On a whim, I decided to go check out the YA section and I took a gander at the books on the shelves. There, I saw a copy of Paper Towns by John Green. I decided to rent it (since people just rave about John Green's works) and my school book.

Boy oh boy, did Paper Towns change my mind. I haven't read such an amazing book in a while. This book is definitely my top favorites as it just lifted me up out my reading slump!

This quote particularly lingered in my mind:
“Radar revs the engine as to say hustle, and we are running through the parking lot, Ben's robe flowing in the wind so that he looks vaguely like a dark wizard, except that his pale skinny legs are visible, and his arms hug plastic bags. I can see the back of Lacey's legs beneath her dress, her calves tight in midstride. I don't know how I look, but I know how I feel: Young. Goofy. Infinite.”

    • Infinite. Courtesy of Urban Dictionary: A word mentioned in the book "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"...When the main character uses the word he means: The feeling of happiness.. like every bad thought is cleared from your mind and you could go on with that moment.. forever.

The key word in that quote was infinite. I felt infinite when I was reading this book. This book was so enjoyable. It made me forget everything that I had been worrying about in my life and it was just so darn good. I haven't been able to read anything good in a while (and I began to think there was no more good books like ever) but PT made me change my mind about my decision whether to keep blogging, whether there were any more good books left in this world, AND my blog name.

I'm pretty sure if you haven't noticed yet, I've changed my blog and its name. Lately, I've been obsessed with the word "infinite" and any word related to it. Therefore, a blog name changing had to be called for! (Besides, A Neverending Fantasy didn't really sound like a YA book blog...)

Today, I officially name this blog: Books to Infinity and Beyond.

I really like this name right now (and hopefully I will in the future) and I hope you guys do too. Any feedback on it would be lovely~ ( Also, the quote from my button is from The Perks of Being a Wallflower c: )

I totally missed you guys, the blogosphere, and reading. I have a lot to catch up on (comments-wise and books-wise)!

2 lovelies:

Cindy said...

So glad you are back and I am loving the changes! I haven't read Papertowns, even though I own it, but I will be soon :)

Missed ya ♥

Gianne said...

Thank you darling! :)

Post a Comment

I love your comments, guys. I truly appreciate them. :3 ♥

If you guys are using Blogger to comment here, DON'T. I use Disqus commenting, so the comment will NOT show up if you use Blogger to comment.