Genre: [Adult] paranormal romance | urban fantasy
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother’s life. Then she’s captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She’s amazed she doesn’t end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn’t have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side... and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.
I have but ONE word for
Caution: Please proceed at your own risk. Lots of GUSHING ahead.
WHAT IS THIS BOOK FILLED WITH, EXACTLY?
- Badassery at its FINEST.
- Cat and Bones? These two kick ASS. Like, major booty here. The action in Halfway to the Grave bursts with intensity and is simply the epitome of the word, "engaging". (THAT is saying a LOT, if you ask me. I detest action scenes in general...very much.)
- What is laughing?
- Small, amusing moments do not exist in this book. Okay? Okay. (No, I'm kidding they do.) What exists in Halfway to the Grave is nonstop HILARITY. Good gosh, I do not think I've ever laughed so much while reading a book! (And books RARELY make me laugh.)
- Cat and Bones' dialogue... GOOD LAWDY. I'm laughing as I type about it right now. It just GETS to me. This book understands my humor. IT UNDERSTANDS ME.
- I just love cats. I really do. And you know what? Heroine's name = CAT.
- What I really admire about Cat is how headstrong she is (which is both good and bad). I LOVE how dedicated and determined this girl is. She's been an outcast all her life, but no, she doesn't let it get it to her head and becomes a shut out. No, she becomes a KICK ASS HEROINE. YOU GO, CAT.
- Bones deserves his own bullet, so on to the next point...
- BONES. No, not the "bones" in our bodies, you smart aleck.
- This man, this man right here, is PERFECTION in the world of leading male characters. He's ridiculously charming, seductive, hilarious, a GENTLEMAN (who still manages to be completely bad boy at the same time), sexy, has a BRITISH ACCENT, and did I mention he's smexy as heck?
- When we're first introduced to Bones, I'm like, "Ew. No. I don't like this. What. Just stop. How can I like this book now. UGH." However, it took me VERY LITTLE time to fall super UBER hard for Bones. ♥
- I can't even describe how badass Bones is. Really. I'm SPEECHLESS.
- Romance. UNF. UNF. UNFUNFUNFUNF.
- Disappointed is FAR FAR FAR from what I felt about the romance in this book. Halfway to the Grave has everything a romance junkie can dream of -- good ol' panty melting, sexually charged TENSION.
- The chemistry between Cat and Bones...just WHOA. Every touch and sound between these two (both conversational wise and... not so conversational wise) is just done so well. I ship these two so hard. <3
- And of course there IS a fast paced plot! Halfway to the Grave grabbed me like it was an obsessed kidnapper and didn't let me go until it had their way done with me.
This book, in all, was just so much fun. REALLY. I think the only regret this book would leave any reader would be not having bought the second book in advance. (The ending? Pretty solid, not a major cliffhanger. It's the kind of ending that leaves you like, "RAH GIMME MORE DAMMIT")