Publisher: Harlequin TEEN
Links: Goodreads | Amazon
So wrong for each other...and yet so right.
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
GOSH. This book is SO deceiving. Do NOT be deceived, guys. It may seem utterly boring and completely cliche, but it is FAR from that and it is ah-maziiing!
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT THIS BOOK?Um, EVERYTHING? Of course if I just said that, then this review wouldn't really be a review, now would it? SO, let's start off with the story itself.
- Personally, I totally thought this was going to be a really cliche story with a girl who got abused and boy comes in to save the day. Hint: IT WASN'T. **
- The BIG mystery: what the heck happened to Echo? I loved how it was a bit hard to figure out and the answer to the mystery itself was rather shocking!
- What was also a really great aspect of this book is that there's some pretty dark, edgy topics that are touched upon in this novel, and to see Noah and Echo overcome all their trials separately and together was so great. It was emotionally touching, just as it was riveting.
- I'm actually beginning to enjoy dual point of views.
- I got to see what Echo felt when she was emotionally distraught from the real truth, understand how Noah felt when he was with Echo, and it was really great to grasp their thoughts and what makes them tick.
- Now, what really makes this book shine is the ROMANCE and the two characters stuck in the middle of it.
- I really liked how the tension between Noah and Echo gradually builds up, and explodes with a burning inferno. There's so many small yet electrically charged moments between these two I just felt like my heart was going to explode from swooning! McGarry does not disappoint on delivering!
- Noah and Echo? I loved them both together, and each as an individual!
- First off, NOAH. Dude, this guy is one of the most swoon worthy men I have ever had a chance to read about. Fiercely loyal and protective, charming and seductive, this guy has it all! Did I mention that he's really really hot too? SCORE.
- YAY for Echo! Ahhhh, I really really liked this girl. She didn't make it to one of my all time favorites, but she had an awesome personality and was really strong which is a PLUS.
Do yourself a favor, and just read Pushing the Limits when you get a chance to. The words in my review does not do this book any justice on how utterly beautiful yet emotionally raw this story is.
EQUALLY STEAMY READS:OH WAIT. Pushing the Limits doesn't come out till near the end of this month... Poop. Well, I have some GREAT recommendations for you to check out:
- In for something equally steamy, engaging, with a HOT male lead except on the paranormal side? Read Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. (It's one of the BEST romances I've read by far.)
- In the mood for something more contemporary and light hearted with a few sexy times thrown in? Read The Duff by Kody Keplinger.